My 2014 New Year's Revolution
The world has too long been plagued by the burden of the New Year's resolution;
Said resolutions are always made with the best of intentions and the highest of hopes
Most NY resolutions fail to make February
I have seen enough of failure to keep promises to oneself
Be it hereby known to one and all that in 2014 I am declaring a New Year's REVOLUTION.
I declare my ten 2014 Revolutionary acts:
In 2014, I will...
- Eat more bacon...and chicken fried steak
- Consume more Dr. Pepper
- Watch more All in the Family reruns
- Be more selective–and effective–with my cussing
- Write at least one letter protesting those infernal and unconstitutional red light cameras
- Laugh at liberals
- Find new and better ways to express my feelings for Jerry Jones
- Find new and better ways to express my feelings for Barack Obama
- Watch more football
- Addendum: Watch more baseball, basketball, and hockey
- Smoke better cigars
I feel pretty good about my list. What things would you put on yours?
Make 2014 the best year yet. Happy New Year!
[embedplusvideo height="390" width="640" editlink="http://bit.ly/1dnlduB" standard="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5Ifd4j81OM?fs=1" vars="ytid=R5Ifd4j81OM&width=640&height=390&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=" id="ep6393" /]