Hip Shots, Vier
¶ OK, Net typists, time for a few observations from the grumpy Gramps:
- Decide whether "ur" means "your" or "you are" and stick with it. Or, better, just type the extra letters.
- Take your time and be sure that you're using "your" and "you're" appropriately.
- Understand that "loose" refers to change in your pocket while "lose" refers to change you misplace. They are not interchangeable.
- "There" means not here. "Their" means not yours. "They're" means "they are."
- You may go "to" the store and buy "two" rolls of toilet paper, unless you think that is "too" much.
- Typos are inevitable and no one likes a pedantic blowhard, which may explain my (lack of) popularity.
- Carry on.
¶ I have been thinking about writing an autobiography, and have penned a few opening lines. I did not, however, make it off the first page before realizing I needed to change the names of some to protect the innocent, the names of others to protect the ignorant...and my own name to protect the idiotic.
Fiction is so much safer.
¶ Working as a catastrophe adjuster creates a moral dilemma. As an empathetic member of humanity, you don't want anyone to suffer through a hurricane or a hail storm. But then...you need the work. I guess in that regard it is not so different from being a doctor. Sure, you want everyone to be healthy and happy and well, but...
¶ And then there was the sadist who cut off his own nose to spite his face, only to discover the masochist in him rather enjoyed the abuse...and he was just left with a noseless face.
HIP SHOTS: The random thoughts of a restless mind, thrown together with reckless abandon.